The Clean, Competent & Competitive Alabama agenda, developed and agreed upon by the members of the House Democratic Caucus, focuses on:
- Supporting our Public Schools and Prioritizing Early Childhood Education
- Investing in our Educators
- Rebuilding our Workforce
- Ensuring open, Transparent Government and Ending Corruption
- Ensuring Access to Healthcare for all Alabamians
- Supporting Mental Health
- Prioritizing Prison Reform and Reducing Recidivism
- Fighting the Epidemic of Addiction
Over the coming weeks House Democratic Members will introduce legislation in support of these main tenants. Members will also continue holding town hall meetings across the state to discuss this agenda and other issues of importance to Alabamians.
“This agenda represents something we, as Democrats believe in and that we believe serves all Alabamians and will lead us to a better future for our state.” said Minority Leader Anthony Daniels.
The full platform is available here: 2018 Legislative Agenda